Saturday, July 19, 2008

Setting them up for a possible disappointment

I have always worried about introducing men I date to my family. My bf now had met almost everyone and has spent time with them multiple times despite us living in different cities from them. And he is great with everyone... from my 10 month old nephew to my 93 yr. old grandmother. In fact, he is at this moment playing a computer game with my 9 yr old nephew.

If he and I do not work out, and you know I have had my doubts lately on whether we will, will my family be really disappointed in me? Sure, more than anything they want me to be happy, and I know they trust my judgment, but I also know he fits in well and that is sometimes not that easy to find. Again, I have to stop worrying about what everyone else will think either way and just live my life.

I guess I am just overly tired... I am not used to taking care of 2 active kids and the week has just begun. I think and analyze too much and I really need to stop doing that. I will sabotage any chance at happiness if I constantly worry about failing.

No comments: