Monday, July 21, 2008

Helping myself

I bought a couple of self help books today. I am not sure I truly believe in any of them but at this point I need advice from anyone and everyone. I am also going to look into getting a new therapist. I had a good one, but he wasn't covered by my plan and at $195 a pop I couldn't get all the therapy I needed from him. I just know I need to find some clarity to figure out if how I feel right now in my relationship is ok, fixable, or a lost cause.

On a bright note, my nephew is awesome. I love that he is here this week with me, that I drop him off for camp and he is excited, and that I pick him up 7 hours later and he is still excited. My nephews (3) and my nieces (2) bring me so much joy; my regret is that I don't live within driving distance so that I can see them more often. I tried living where they live a few years, but it was no place for single career girls in their 30's. Oh well... I will just enjoy this week and know that I get to see them all in a month for my parent's 40th anniversary.

No comments: