Friday, October 24, 2008

So busy

I feel like I haven't posted in forever. It's been a busy time for work and my mom was in town over the weekend as well. We had a good time, but I was emotional after she left and cried to my bf. I know time of month exaggerated it, but sometimes the fact that I live far away and the rest of my family lives within 5 miles of each other makes me sad. I feel like I miss out on a lot of things, especially with airfare being so expensive now. I am going there next weekend to see the kiddos all dressed up for Halloween so that will be fun.

I saw my psychologist yesterday. It was a good session. I thought everything was going pretty smoothly in my life, and it is for the most part, but she made me realize that all the little things that are going on are manageable by themselves but put together they can be a little overwhelming. And it's ok that I get a little anxious as long as I have ways to cope and calm myself down. And I do. I have words and thoughts that I can say to myself to make myself realize the sky is not falling and even something really challenging came along I will be ok.

I am ready for the holidays to get here. This is the first time that I really have someone special to share them with and I can't wait. I have always been like the 7th wheel at family events and alone at the holiday parties and to have him, who I have jokingly called my man candy (only to him), will make me so happy. Of course a shiny sparkly ring on my left hand would be icing on the cake.

No comments: