Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Passing

My grandfather passed away yesterday. This is my mom's dad and while we knew this was coming, it still is upsetting. His quality of life had declined dramatically so I do believe it is for the best, but I think about the good times and it makes me sad.

I will be flying to California to meet my mom there for the funeral. She told me I didn't have to go but I it did not feel right. I want to be there to support her.

I have one grandparent left, my dad's mom who is about to turn 94. I don't want to even think about her dying one day... that will be devastating.

3 comments:

Single Girl said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Sending a hug!

Missy said...

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Paige Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family.

xoxo