Friday, September 12, 2008

A Scary Situation

The winds have picked up and I have to admit I am a bit scared. I have never been in a hurricane before and this one could be a bad one. I hope my customers in Galveston and the rest of the bay are doing ok and have evacuated to a safe place. As for me, I am "sheltering in place" or "hunkering down" at my house. My windows are boarded. I have blankets and pillows by the closet that will be my shelter when the wind gets to tropical storm force. My flashlight and radio are ready and I have drinks and snacks.

Another large branch just fell onto my roof. It startles me every time. And now it is dark so this storm will be even scarier.

I just hope the power stays on as long as possible. I have no doubt I will lose it at some point, but in the meantime I am using the internet, watching the nonstop news, and keeping my fingers crossed. Tonight there will be little sleep.

I miss my bf.

No comments: