Thursday, June 26, 2008

No pain no gain

I went to the gym today for the first time in a few weeks. I have a friend that I meet there and we both share the same lack of enthusiasm for working out. The funny thing is that I used to really enjoy it. In fact, I would spend about 2 hours there 5 days of week. I didn't have any sort of life then, but I was in the best shape of my adult life.

My weight is always an issue. I have struggled with it since puberty and I have finally come to realize that I am never going to be skinny, I will always have to watch my portions and choices, and being healthy should be my goal. The fact that I now have a man in my life that thinks I am beautiful and sexy definitely helps with my insecurities about my body. But I still have 20-25 pounds that I want to lose. If I could only lose my love of sweets too...

No comments: