Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Holidays!

I have been absent- again, mostly because I have been anxious about what will happen with my job. We have been told to stay home Monday, January 5th to await our fate. The good news is that if I do get laid off I will get paid until January, then my severance will kick in which will take me through April. Two bonuses owed will by me another month which means that I will need to find a new job by June 1st which I feel has a good chance even in this economy. It may not be my dream job, but it will have to pay the bills. But hopefully it won't come to that.

My dad is already complaining about the cost of the wedding and we haven't even spent a dime! When my mom told him she had booked the country club he suggested another venue. I don't want that other venue. I feel like I am already compromising by having the wedding where they live, not me. And I plan to be very practical with the guest list, flowers, etc. No bridezilla here. I want to get married at the club, have an open bar, and a band. Those are my only requirements. My mom can choose the rest. Even the dresses I have looked at are at the less expensive end of the spectrum- no $2000 dress for me. Sigh... its gonna be a long year.

Happy Holidays to all!

No comments: